Thomas F. Kelly
Clinical Professor of Reproductive Medicine
Director, Nurse Midwivery Program
- MD, University of Nevada, 1986
- Residency: Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 1986 - 1990
- Fellowship: Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 1990-1992
Licencure: California, 1987
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1993
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal/Fetal Medicine, 1995
- Recertified 2003, 2004, 2005
Honors and Awards
- Honorable Mention Kaiser Teaching Award, 1994
- APGO Award for Medical Student Teaching, 1994
- Joseph Dido Teaching Award, 1995
- CREOG Teaching Award, 1995
- APGO Award for Medical Student Teaching, 1997
- UCSD Academy of Clinical Scholars, Elected 2003
- UCSD Attending Physician of the Year, 2005
- Kelly TF, Moore TM, Brace RA. Hemodynamic and fluid responses to furosemide in the ovine fetus. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1993; 168:260-8.
- Kelly TF. Pathophysiology of premature rupture of membranes. Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology 1995; 7:140-145.
- Baergen R, Kelly TF, McGinnis MJ, Jones OW, Benirschke K. Complete hydatidiform mole with a coexisting embryo. Hum Pathol 27:731-734, 1996.
- Payne SD, Resnik R, Moore TR, Hedriana HL, Kelly TF. Maternal characteristics, risk of severe neonatal thrombocytopenia and intracranial hemorrhage in pregnancies complicated by autoimmune thrombocytopenia. AM J Obstet Gynecol 1997; 177:149-155.
- Budorick NE, Kelly TF, Dunn JA, Scioscia AL. The Single Umbilical Artery in a High-Risk Patient Population: What Should Be Offered? J Ultrasound Med 2001 20:619-627..
- Kelly TF, Resnik R. Antenatal Corticosteroids: The Controversy Continues. Current Opinion in Endocrinology and Diabetes 2005 12:237-241.
- Kelly TF. Gastroenterologic Disorders, pp. 311-350. In: Gynecology and Obstetrics - an integrated approach. Moore TR, Reiter RC, Rebar RW, Baker VV ( ed). Churchill Livingstone, 1993.
- K, Resnik R. Safe conduct of pregnancy with rheumatic heart disease. In Quilligan EJ, Zuspan FP (ed): Current Therapy in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 1994.
- Kelly TF, Resnik R. Rheumatic Heart Disease: Safe Conduct in Pregnancy. In Quilligan EJ, Zuspan FP (eds), Current Therapy in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 5th Edition. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 2000; pp 342-346.
- Kelly TF, Moore T. Maternal medical disorders of fetal significance: Seizure disorders, hypertension, isoimmunization. HW Taeusch, A Ballad, ME Avery. In Schaffer and Avery's Diseases of the Newborn, 7th Edition. Orlando, W.B. Saunders 1997; pp 78-89.
- Moore TR, Kelly TF. Maternal Medical Disorders of Fetal Significance: Seizure Disorders, Isoimmunization, Cancer and Mental Disorders. HW Taeusch, A Ballad, CA Gleason. In Avery's Diseases of the Newborn, 8th Edition. Philadelphia, Elsevier Saunders 2004; pp 87-98.
- Kuczkowsi KM, Reisner LS, Kelly TF. The Febrile Parturient. D Sanjay, Ed. In Anesthetic and Obstetric Management of High-Risk Pregnancy, 3rd Edition. Springer-Verlag New York 2004; pp 433-445.
- Kelly, TF, Moore TM, Brace RA. Fetal hemodynamic and urinary responses to infusions of fursemide. Society for Gynecologic Investigation (Abstract 73). March 20-23, 1991.
- Kelly, TF, Troyer LR, Piacquadio KM, Cantrell CJ, Parisi VM, Moore TR. Predictors of success in the emergent cerclage. Society of Perinatal Obstetricians (Abstract 446). February 3-8, 1992
- Kelly TF, Lund KJ, Kobalter K, Moore TR. Periviable PROM: The effect of gestational age at rupture of perinatal outcome. Society of Perinatal Obstetricians (Abstract 291). 1993.
- Diamond P, Kelly TF. Prediciction of chromosomal abnormality in sonographically detected omphaloceles. Society of Perinatal Obstetricians (Abstract 336). January 23-28, 1995.
- Payne S, Hedrianna H, Kelly TF, Moore TR, Resnik R. Immune thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP): A Reappraisal of maternal risk factors and management. Society of Perinatal Obstetricians (Abstract 270). January 23-28, 1995.
- Gruslin-Giroux, Lou K, Kelly TF. Association between maternal smoking and single umbilical artery. Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology of Canada, June 1997.
- Wolf R, Kelly T, Moore TR. Delayed post-partum hemmorhage: Factors influencing management. Society of Perinatal Obstetricians. Abstract 228, February 2-7, 1998.
- Budorick NE, Kelly TF, Dunn JA. The single umbilical artery in an at risk patient. What should be offered? American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, April 2000.
- Blair F, Kelly TF . Predictors of Outcome in Prenatally Diagnosed Gastroschisis. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2001: SMFM Abstracts S157; 0531.
- Kingston J, Kelly T, Daneshmand S, Moore T. Ultrasound Markers of Down Syndrome: Influences of Nonskeletal Markers and Maternal Height on Predictive Value of Long Bone Ratios. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2002 187(6) S205.
- Wallace P, Kelly T, Moore T. Pulmonary Hypertension in Pregnancy: A Novel Treatment with Progesterone. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2002 187(6) S202.
- Moore TR, Kelly TF. Quality Assurance Audit of Sonographic Cervical Measurements. Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine, 25th Annual Meeting, Reno, Feb 2005.