Hilary Alpert Roeder, MD
Telephone: (619) 543-6906
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI
Degree: B.S. Physics
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI
Internship and Residency:
Duke University Medical Center
Obstetrics & Gynecology
UC San Diego Health System
San Diego, CA
Board Certification and Licensure:
2011-present: The Medical Board of California, Physician and Surgeon
2012: Fellow, American Congress of Obstetricians &
UC San Diego Health System
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, La Jolla, CA (consultative practice)
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego, San Diego, CA (consultative practice)
Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, Encinitas, CA (consultative practice)
Palomar Hospital, Escondido, CA (consultative practice)
2001 – Present Phi Kappa Phi (National Honor Society)
2002 – Present Phi Beta Kappa (National Honor Society)
2002 – Present Golden Key (National Honor Society)
2003 – Present Sigma Pi Sigma (Physics Honor Society)
2006 – Present Alpha Omega Alpha
2007 – Present American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
2009 – Present Society for Gynecologic Investigation
2011 – Present Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
2011 – Present International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
2011 – Present American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
2013-2016: The American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Foundation and The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine Pregnancy Foundation Scholar award (Career-development)
Title: Treating Prediabetes in the First Trimester: A Randomized Controlled Trial
Role: PI (Mentor: Thomas Moore, MD)
Title: Treating First Trimester Gestational Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial
2015-2016: UC San Diego Clinical and Translational Research Institute
Title: Evaluation of Placenta Growth Factor as a Diagnostic Marker for Late Preterm Preeclampsia
- Spector, A; Alpert, H; Karam-Hage, M. Smoking cessation delivered by medical students is helpful to homeless population. Acad Psychiatry. 2007 Sep-Oct;31(5):402-5. PMID: 17875625
- Lobo, J; Kim, A; Davis, R; Segura, B; Alpert, H; Teitelbaum, D; Geiger, J; Mychaliska G. No free ride? The hidden costs of delayed operative management using a spring-loaded silo for gastroschisis. J Pediatr Surg. 2010 Jul;45(7):1426-32. PMID: 20638519
- Roeder, H; Jayes, F; Feng, L; Leppert, P. CDB-4124 Does Not Cause Apoptosis in Cultured Fibroid Cells. Reprod Sci. 2011 Sep;18(9):850-7. PMID: 21422050
- Ransom, C; Chin, J; Roeder, H; Sinclair, T; Heine, R; Murtha, A. The influence of prior obstetrical history on current 17-hydroxyprogesterone caproate use. J Pregnancy. 2011;2011:286483. Epub 2011 Jul 6. PMID:21773029 (Previously A.I.5)
- Roeder, H; Leppert, P; Cramer, S. A Look at Uterine Wound Healing Through a Histopathological Study of Uterine Scars. Reprod Sci. 2012 May;19(5):463-73. PMID: 22344737. (Previously listed as A.I.6)
- Roeder, HA; Moore TR; Ramos GA. Insulin pump dosing across gestation in women with well-controlled type 1 diabetes mellitus. 2012 Oct;207(4): 324 e1-5. PMID: 23021699 (Previously listed as A.I.7)
- Berggren EK, Roeder HA, Boggess KA, Moss K, Offenbacher S, Campbell E, Grotegut CA. First-Trimester Maternal Serum C-reactive Protein as a Predictor of Third-Trimester Impaired Glucose Tolerance. Reprod Sci. 2015 Jan;22(1):90-3. PMID: 24784714
- Roeder HA, Dejbakhsh SZ, Parast MM, Laurent LC, Woelkers DA. Abnormal Uterine Artery Doppler Velocimetry Predicts Adverse Outcomes in Patients with Abnormal Analytes. Pregnancy Hypertension. 2014 Oct:4(4): 296-301
- Alunni ML, Roeder HA, Moore TR, Ramos GA. First Trimester Gestational Diabetes Screening- Change in Incidence and Pharmacotherapy Need. In Press Diabetes Res Clin Pract. Accepted April 2015.
- Reddick K, Canzoneri B, Roeder H, Carr A, Heine R, Cotton M, Murtha A. Racial disparities and neonatal outcomes in preterm infants with intraventricular hemorrhage. AJOG. 2008 Dec:199(6) S71. (Previously Omitted)
- Ransom C, Chin J, Roeder H, Sinclair T, Heine R, Brown H, Murtha A. Prior obstetrical history as a predictor of current 17-hydroxyprogesterone use. AJOG. 2008 Dec:199(6) S205. (Previously Omitted)
- Roeder HA, Leppert PC, Cramer SF. A New Look at Uterine Wound Healing: Myometrial Hyperplasia, Myofiber Disarray, and a Uterine Keloid: Their Relationship to Fibroid Formation. Reprod Sci. 2010 march 17(3): suppl: pp.1A-64A.
- Roeder HA, Jayes FL, Feng L, Leppert PC. Proellex Does Not Cause Apoptosis in Cultured Fibroid Cells. Reprod Sci. 2010 March 17(3): suppl: pp.1A-64A.
- Roeder H, Wolfe L, Trivedi N, Ramos G, Parast M, James G, Benirschke K, Schrimmer D. Adverse perinatal outcomes in discordant twins with abnormal umbilical artery Doppler velocimetry. AJOG. 2012 January 206(1): S65–S66.
- Roeder H, Moore T, Ramos G. Changes in basal and bolus insulin pump dosing across gestation in women with well-controlled Type 1 diabetes. AJOG. 2012 January 206(1): S124–S125. Ramos G, Roeder H, Moore T. Comparison of insulin requirements in women with type 1 diabetes managed with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily insulin injections. AJOG. 2013 January 208 (1): S117–S118. (Previously Omitted)
- Roeder H, Alunni M, Gennette S, Yoshida M, Moore T, Ramos G. Outcomes after implementation of first trimester screening for gestational diabetes. AJOG. 2013 January 208(1): S118-S119.
- Roeder H, Moore T, Ramos G. The incidence of hypoglycemic episodes in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes using insulin injections versus insulin pump. AJOG. 2013 January 208(1): S119.
- Roeder HA, Klisser KM, James GM, Laurent LC, Woelkers DA. Uterine Artery Doppler Velocimetry Facilitates Risk Assessment of Patients with Abnormal Analytes. Reprod Sci. 2013 March 20(3): suppl: pp.1A-60A.
- Roeder HA, Klisser KM, James GM, Laurent LC, Woelkers DA. Doppler Assessment of Fetal Circulation Does Not Improve the Prediction of Adverse Outcomes above That of Uterine Artery Screening Alone. Reprod Sci. 2013 March 20(3): suppl: pp.1A-60A.
- Roeder HA, Leon-Garcia SM, Wolfe LM, Lacoursiere DY, Woelkers DA, Laurent LC, Parast MM. Abnormal Uterine Artery Doppler Velocimetry Is Associated with Pathologic Markers of Placental Insufficiency in Patients with Abnormal Analytes. Reprod Sci. 2013 March 20(3): suppl: pp.1A-60A.
- Berggren E, Roeder H, Campbell E, Moss K, Offenbacher S, Boggess K, Grotegut C. First Trimester Maternal Serum C-Reactive Protein as a Predictor of Third Trimester Impaired Glucose Tolerance. Reprod Sci. 2013 March 20(3): suppl: pp.1A-60A. (Previously Omitted)
- Sargent JA, Roeder HA, Moore TR, Ramos GA. Mode of insulin administration predicts neonatal chemical hypoglycemia in patients with type 1 diabetes. AJOG. 2015 January 212(1): S218.
- Roeder HA, Sargent JA, Moore TR, Ramos GA. Severe Preeclampsia Is the Primary Etiology of Preterm Delivery in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes. Reprod Sci. 2015 March 22(1): suppl: pp.1A-54A.